Saturday, April 19, 2008

Track & Field

Now that Spring is here the kids, Peter & Bri are doing sports again. Peter is in "Track & Field" and does shot put, discs, and javeline, (Don't know if I spelled it right), but you got the idea! He never did this before and really likes it because he get s to work out everyday after school with weights. This is good for him! Now he eats more though.....the growing years I guess!

Bri is doing softball for the first time ever also. She is one of the best players. I haven't even been able to get to a game yet to see her because Peter's meets are on the same day and Ed needs to be with Bri because he is assistant coach. Hopefully I will get to one this week and get some shots of her to put up on the blog.

Matthew on the other hand just drives me crazy saying he doesn't want to go and watch his big brother and sister play....."it's boring" he whines! He is my BIG CHICKEN to play anything, afraid of getting hurt. But he loves football and plays awesome. Hoping next year in 3rd grade he will be in a sport.

So needless to say, my days are very busy to say the least. (Joelle, I am sure you can relate)! But I enjoy watching them so much. These days are precious to us, because before you know it they will be gone off to college!

I could not resist this beautiful sunset the other night. I pulled off the side of the rode to take this. The wonders of GOD never cease to amaze me!

2 comments:

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

They are off and "doing" their own life way, way too soon! Enjoy these times - even when they are so hectic that you don't know if you are coming or going! They will remember this when it is their turn to "run and do"!!

Hugs - and we miss you guys too!

Halls said...

It does go by fast. We just signed Robert up for Macomb Comm. College this week. It is heartbreaking but another good chapter in our book of life. Love Ya, Donna