Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bri's Blood!


Today I took Brianna to the dr. She has not been feeling well since last week. She has had stomach aches, stomach pains, nausea, headaches and very tired. The dr said it could be gallbladder, or gastridis. So they wanted to do some blood work on her. Bri has never had a blood test done before, so she was pretty nervous about it. They pricked her once and couldn't get any blood. I looked down at her and she was like a ghost and told me she was going to be sick. The nurses hurried up and laid her down on the bed before she passed out. They gave her juice and crackers and told her to relax awhile and then they would try again. The Dr. came in and tied her arm with the rubber band and she turned white as a ghost again! This time the dr. said he wasn't going to try and she had to go for an ultrasound. After a long afternoon waiting and not eating or drinking anything, she got it done. I am happy to say that all the tests were negative for gallstones. PRAISE THE LORD! She is on Nexium for the next 2 weeks, and then back to the dr. for a follow up.


If you ask Brianna about today, she will tell you it was the worst day of her life! I asked her what she is going to do when she has a baby????? Funny thing is, I was the same way with needles when I was her age......then I had 3 kids! That will toughen you up quickly!


Please keep Bri in your prayers and that she will have a clean bill of health when we go back to the dr. in 2 weeks. She is back to school tomorrow!! YIPPPPEEEEEE!


2 comments:

Halls said...

I will keep Bri in my prayers. I know the needle thing with Robert and he is 18. Thank goodness he won't have to birth kids...lol.

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

Will be praying for her!! Always hard when our kids have problems!!

Hugs,
Karla