Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas with the Family!

Ed and I decided that we would do Christmas at our home since we have not been with the family for the last 5 years. We cooked Spanish food, (pork, rice & beans, platinos, yuca) and then mom cooked Italian (stuffed shells with meatballs). We had enough food to feed the neighborhood. It was delicious!! The desserts were even better!!


Here is Matthew posing with his "BLING BLING" that he got in the "White Elephant" that we did. It's like a grab bag, with loads of fun.


Vincenza and Matthew checking out to see what Grandma got in the grab bag. She got the "Bling Bling" which Matthew snatched from her. He loved that!


Ed and Dave enjoying coffee and dessert.

Overall it was a great Christmas. It was a blessing to be with the family again for the holidays. This will be the first New Years in (I can't even remember how many years) that we are doing nothing... and I love it. We have been entertaining since the beginning of December and although I love to entertain, I am happy the holidays are over in 2 days. I am exhausted. I am looking forward to a quiet evening with my husband and kids.

Happy New Year to You!!

2 comments:

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

I'm with you - no one loves to entertain and enjoy December more than me, but whew, I am glad when January gets here and I get everything put away!! So glad you got to be with the family again - working in the ministry is never easy at holiday time away from family. We thank God for the time we "had" the Torres Family - and pray His blessings on all of you for 2008!

Karla & Russ

Joelle Lynn said...

What no peirogies?