Sunday, December 2, 2007

Our First Christmas!

Here is our first Christmas at Faith Chapel in NJ. Ed and I wanted it to be very special this year, so we went out and got a real tree for the sanctuary. I think this is almost as big as Rockerfeller Center's in NY!! We actually had to decorate it with a ladder. Thanks Chuck & Maritza for helping with that. You are awesome! Thank you to everyone who came out on Thursday night and Saturday to help with the decorating. The church looks so beautiful!


My 3 munchkins!! Peter, Bri and Matthew. I did want this for a Christmas card to send out, but I don't think it will work since Bri had her eyes closed. I guess I need to take another one. But all the same, I think it's a good picture of them smiling anyway! Thanks Peter, I know how much you hate pictures. Great smile on this one! I love you all so much!!


Bri and Mom hanging out at the tree. Maybe next week we can get a nice family picture!!
Our First Christmas, with our first "real" tree at Faith Chapel!!


Today was our first snowfall of the season. I think we got about 2 inches and it was enough to scare some people to drive to church. It sure looked pretty though. The kid are already praying that there is no school tomorrow. That's ok, I will just put them to work in the house and they can help me finish all the decorations.

My friend Melanie told me the other day in an e-mail, "you only get one first". This is so true. As my family and I celebrate this Christmas season with our new church family, I pray that we will have many lasting memories of our "firsts" here as we have memories of our dear friends in Michigan also. We miss you dearly. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

That tree is huge - and so very beautiful!! And the kids in front of the tree - priceless! Even with her eyes closed! I love going into a church at Christmas and seeing all the decorations - you guys did a great job!