Monday, June 16, 2008

Our 1 Year Anniversary!

Yesterday, not only did we celebrate Father's day, but also our 1 year anniversary living in NJ. It was a year ago that Ed preached his first sermon and was installed by Dr. Wood here at FCW! I cannot believe how fast this year has gone. There has been many changes for us in this transition. Some good and some maybe not so good, or should I say "challenging". As I sit and reflect on this year I am happy to say that I have survived coming back to NJ! Although I miss all of my dear friends in Michigan, I know that God has us here for a reason for such a time as this.

The kids have adjusted well in school and in their youth group. Peter & Bri miss their old friends from Michigan and are looking forward to visiting them the end of the month. Peter just started "football" workouts everyday, and is working practically full time for the summer anyway. He is trying to save for a car. Bri will be in 8th grade next year and is looking forward to it. Matt will be in 3rd grade and says "he doesn't want to get old"! (Don't we all say that)?

Many changes have happened in the church which are very positive and moving forward for the kingdom. We saw over 200 people accept Christ this past year, we had about 4 baby dedications, 2 baptisms so far and more coming. We also had about 6 families become members this year. The most they have ever had in 1 year! We have had close to 10 new families call Faith Chapel their home. The church has been re-decorated and painted. The music has changed from mostly hymns to Contemporary Worship. I could go on and on.....

We have been so blessed this past year and are looking forward to what God is going to do as we move forward! It is nice not having to worry about moving this summer....we are all looking forward to enjoying this years summer and doing things as a family. Last year I really couldn't enjoy it because of all the things that needed to be done before the kids started their new schools.

So as I reflect....I see God's hand in all of this. I know that without HIS direction & strength I could have never gotten to where I am today. I am so thankful to God for giving us the opportunity to do HIS WORK here in NJ!

2 comments:

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

God is good - His way is best - but we sure do miss you guys!

Happy Father's Day to Pastor Ed and Happy 1 year in NJ!!

Joelle Lynn said...

cant beleive it hadbeen a year either. Looking forward tos eeing you soon- is Peter coming wtih you or going to Exalt?