Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Heat Wave!

Well, my garden is finally done. With the help of Ed we managed to get the veggies in yesterday and the fence around it so the deer won't destroy what (hopefully) will grow. I have beefsteak tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, eggplant, lettuce, zucchini and red peppers. Plus basil growing out on my deck. These are small now, but won't be for long. I am so excited and can't wait to get my first tomatoe. It was hard work getting it started, but now the tough part is over. A shout out to my wonderful husband for helping me out with this. Love ya!


My poor Bri-Bri. She broke her arm last week and just got it casted on Friday. Of course it has to be the hottest weekend this year and she couldn't swim much. The doctors office did not have waterproof casts and we are still trying to hunt down a pharmacy who carries the cover to go over the cast. She did go into the pool for awhile with a plastic bag over it, but then the water started to seep through. Thank God she will only have to wear it for 3 weeks. She will get it off right before we leave for Michigan!


We were so blessed by the Hudak family. They invited us over to go swimming. We miss our pool so much, but God had put a wonderful family in our lives who love to share their swimming pool with us. It was so hot yesterday and we all went over to hang out for the day and of course, had some delicious food to go along with it. Thanks again Bill & Lynne for having us. We love you guys!


Mr. GQ.....Gotta love em!

2 comments:

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

Three weeks will go fast - hopefully! Love the hot pink!

Halls said...

I couldn't imagine not having my pool in this heat. Especially when we don't have central air either. I am either in the pool or in the bedroom where the window air is.