Sunday, August 19, 2007

A week worth bragging about!!!

What a great week we had in NJ!! It started on Monday when Ed had his first funeral service here for Jane Alpaugh. What an awesome message he gave!! About 20 people accepted the Lord!! Halleluiah!! It was so encouraging even during a funeral. God is truly working here in NJ and we are blessed to be a part of it.

Peter finally got registered at the HS and got some pretty cool classes. He will be taking guitar class for the first time. He has played the drums for the past 4 years and continues to play on our church worship team and will play in the youth worship team. Now he wants to broaden his horrizons I guess. I am so proud of him!! So off he went with his dad to the music store to buy a guitar and amp for his class. I think dad is having more fun with it than Peter. Now we need to get Matthew interested in something musical. (Hopefully)! Bri plays piano and the french horn. Ed plays the drums and bass and I, well right now am singing with the worship team and loving every minute of it!!

Thursday was our first Youth event since we've been here the past 2 months. "Dress for the Mess" You can only imagine what this entailed with P. ED!! Marshmello paint wars, slip and slide, and fish hockey. (We hope to get some pictures up on his blog soon). We had about 25 kids and 10-15 adults watching! It was a blast watching and the kids had a ball getting all messy. This week is District Youth camp here at Tuscarora Inn, in PA. Ed is taking about 12 kids from our church who have never been to camp before plus Brianna and Peter. I am sure they will have an awesome experience!! So it's me and Matt and Shadow (the dog) for the week! YAHOOOOO!!!

Well, it has been almost 5 weeks since we have been here and as you ladies know, with a move comes many changes. One of the biggest changes for me is finding a new hair dresser. Ms. Shelley always did my hair in Michigan, (boy do I miss her)! She was so kind and wrote down all the colors and products she used on my hair. After much research Friday, and finding out how much it would cost to do my roots, I finally gave up and decided to go and buy the color and do it myself, (with Ed's help of course)!! $11.99 later, I have to tell you, he did an awesome job. The color is perfect and I love it. Now I only need a haircut! Maybe I will be brave and try this myself!! I'll let you know....so for now on I will be doing the color myself.... if any of you ladies need your roots done, maybe you want to call Ed!! LOL!!

The kids and I are looking forward to school starting Sept. 6. I took them out yesterday to get backpacks, pencils, notebooks and some sneakers and whatever else they would need. This surely got them excited as it did mom. It has been a long summer. Since our whole transition started back in January till June...I told someone today that it has been summer for me since then...I praise God that Fall is coming and colors will be changing outside, but HIS love stays the same all the time!! AMEN!!

Miss you all!!

1 comment:

Joelle Lynn said...

You even sound better.....
I am so happy for you!