Friday, August 10, 2007

I almost made it!!!

Well, another week has gone by as we continue to get acquainted in New Jersey. I thought I would make it through the week without crying, but then I got a letter in the mail from my dear friend Rita in Michigan. (thanks Rita!). As I read it to Ed, I thought of all the memories and friends that God has put in my path in the past 5 years in Michigan. I hope to double it in NJ!!


We got Brianna and Matt registered for school and Peter has an appointment at the HS on Wednesday. In NJ they will not let you register until you have a physical. So off to the doctor we went. Needless to say, we were not impressed and will be changing to another one. At least we got the physical done. Then I went to get a manicure which I was not impressed with either, (I wish those girls knew how to smile)!! I miss my girl in MI!! Then I went over to Shop Rite (food store) and almost got run over by a LADY driver!! Whatever happened to "pedestrians first"? Well this happened on Wednesday and today is Friday!! Thank God His mercies are new every morning.....


I think we are adjusting well anyway. Brianna has already had a sleepover and has been spoiled by Linda and her girls and Pat. Thanks ladies!! Peter has hung out with Ronnie who plays guitar on the worship team with him. Matthew, well we need to keep working on his friends. He is either on Peter's Xbox or Bri's Gamecube all day getting brain dead. It's hard right now since I am working at the church office as Ed's secretary!! Yippee!! He has been very kind and loving!! So the kids have been home on their own alot. We do hope to take them to Dorney Park before they go back to school for some family fun.

Ed will be doing his first funeral here on Monday. Jane Alpaugh went home to be with the Lord on Thursday. Then on August 20-24 Ed, Peter and Bri will be off to their last Teen Camp for the summer. My kids have been to 3 this summer. How lucky is that. They are blessed!! I am sure they are going to love it. It's a beautiful place and no "Lake Itcy Scratchy" but a real pool with clean water!!
Matt and I will be home alone for the week. I hope to keep him entertained enough! I am not into video games...I may have to take a ride to the Jersey shore with him!! Sorry Joelle!! I will think of you....ha ha!!

Bye for now...will keep you updated on the Torres' updates on what's happening in NJ.

1 comment:

Joelle Lynn said...

be careful.....if you tell me exactly what day you are there - you never know I may just show up on the beach. You know I do not pass up a day in the sun, even if I have to wear sunscreen 50+ :)
I love you and It will get easier.

The kids are going to love Tuscarora!