Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Garden is Growing!

We were away in Michigan for a week and came back to a beautiful growing garden. I was able to pick about 5 yellow squash already. Peter loves when I cook them, they are delicious!


The eggplants are not quite ready yet....a few more weeks and we will be ready to make eggplant parmigiana. Ed's favorite!


And here is my little farmer boy. Matt comes out with me every night to help water the garden and pick what needs to be picked. I have never grown anything in my life (except probably my hair) and it's exciting to see. My family wants a bigger garden next year they say! We will see...it was alot of work to get started, but now it's fun to see the results.

2 comments:

Halls said...

It is a lot of work at the beginning and I didn't use the black sheeting that you did so I get lots of weeds also. May have to try that next year. I got my first green beans last week and Rob even said they were really good.

Anonymous said...

come to North Carolina and get my garden started. I cannot get that thing going!