Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving dinner with family & friends. We got to go to PA to be with my family and we only had to travel 1 hour. It was wonderful. Brianna and I spent the night to get up nice and early to head out and go Christmas shopping at 6:00 in the morning. This is something the girls of the family have been doing since I lived in PA 6 years ago. My mom & sister continued it over the 5 years that I lived in Michigan. So this year was no exception!

We had a bit of a late start (7:00AM) and my sister Lorraine wanted to get to BJ's to buy a 42" Flat screen TV. While she was over there I headed over to Target which was right across the parking lot. Needless to say it was a MAD HOUSE!! I was on a mission to get the Kodak easyshare 8 megapixel camera (which takes videos also) for $89.00. As I walked into the store and saw tons of people waiting on lines, I thought to myself, is this really worth the wait?? I will tell you, I waited on the "electronics" line for 1 hour to get my CAMERA! And I got it!! Thank God. I would have been pretty upset if I got to the register and they were all out.

Then we were off to Walmart for their big sales over there! The hot item in board games for this year is "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"? Our family loves to play board games when we get together. So we were on another mission in Walmart. Unfortunately, we got there to late and they were all sold out of the game. Which by the way was only $10. We hope to get it by Christmas. My sister Lorraine was the big shopper for the day!!! After we were all done we topped off our morning with a delicious breakfast at Perkins. This is the highlight of the morning!! My sister LuAnn goes just for the breakfast.

It was a great day with my mom, sisters and daughter. The men get mad every year because they want to go for breakfast, but this is "LADIES ONLY" and we will continue it as long as we can. It is something we look forward to every year.

I am so thankful for my husband, my 3 beautiful children who I simply adore with all my heart, and for my family who God has brought me closer to. I am thankful to God for all He has done for us as a family. He continues to amaze me every day.

No comments: